It is well known and highly recognized that the SME sector is the backbone of any economy; therefore, SME businesses must operate at peak efficiency to maximize profitability and be the engine that drives economies to greater prosperity. This program teaches the core competencies of SME consulting needed to achieve this objective and designed to assist participants in understanding and mastering the SEMP Approach: Simplified Examination to Maximize Profit training provided by the Association of Accredited Small Business Consultants® (AASBC®). The immediate sharing of SME knowledge provides participants with the tools to gain a competitive edge over non-certified SME consultants. It accelerates comprehension of the SEMP Approach, allows for questions and answers, and fast-tracks the certification process all with the ultimate objective to successfully support the survival and growth of SME clients.
- Establish SME consultants as experts in a growing and important SME market,
- Gain a professional edge over competitors,
- Build long-lasting, client relationships,
- Optimize success for SME businesses,
- Add new skills and ideas to existing experience, and
- Complement current services with a new, value-added service.
- Small Business and SME Today
- General Financial Statement Review
- Revenue and Expense Review
- Asset and Liability Review
- Ratio Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Operational Management
- Strategic Planning
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Internal Controls
- Risk Assessment and Fraud Deterrence
- Marketing Your Consulting Practice (or Any Business)
This 4-day live training certification program is packed from start to finish with practical ideas that businesses can implement immediately to improve operations and net profit. Dr. Weinberger’s lectures energize the audience to participate with questions, share stories, and collectively work on critical thinking exercises that imitate real-life business examples.
The core training of the AASBC is the SEMP Approach: Simplified Examination to Maximize Profit training manual and a 40 video SEMP Approach lecture series. The objective of the SEMP Approach is to increase operational efficiency and maximize profit for small businesses and SMEs.
The certification exam leading to the designation of Accredited SME Consultant (ASMEC) will be taken at the conclusion of the live training program. The successful passing allows newly certified ASMEC’s to know that they have mastered the core principles of the SEMP Approach, which demonstrates a proficiency in small business and SME consulting.
This program targets business consultants, aspiring business consultants, business owners, entrepreneurs, directors, managers, bank officers, governmental employees, business professors, and other individuals involved in micro, small, and SME businesses.
- Establishes consultant as an expert in the growing and important SME market
- Increases professional credibility by attaining an international certification
- Enables consultant to become a “working partner” with clients and sounding board for new ideas
- Better able to understand client needs
- Mastery of consulting skills helps clients grow, optimize success, and create business value
How Is The Exam Administered?
The ASMEC exam is intended to test knowledge of the fundamental skills required to adequately undertake small business and SME consulting engagements. The basic exam consists of a timed, 125 multiple choice question exam taken on one’s own computer. Once the exam is started, it may not be stopped and then restarted. The exam may be retaken if not passed with a 24 hour waiting period after the last exam was completed. The exam may be retaken multiple times, if necessary, with no additional cost. Additionally, there is no time period in which the exam has to be taken or passed after joining. After the exam is completed, there is immediate statistical feedback on the results that will advise you on the areas that should be reviewed. Once the exam is exited, feedback is no longer available. The Master ASBC/ASMEC exam (same exam for either designation) consists of a timed, 100 multiple choice question exam with a higher degree of difficulty. The Master exam also incorporates analyzing various business scenarios with related questions.
Supported by Tamkeen Training & Wage Support Scheme for Bahrainis (Terms & Conditions Apply)