“Unlocking potential to maximize performance and meeting the challenges faced”, along with “Guiding people to explore and learn rather than teaching or telling them” are the key outputs that the learners will explore in this comprehensive training course.
Coaching is a process that Coaches use with the Coachee to ensure that individuals find a solution and perform at the expected level and excel.
This dynamic and interactive training course will enable the participants to acquire the basic skills, knowledge and attitude required to understand the concept, importance and principles of coaching, practice conducting coaching sessions.
Programme Learning Outcome
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Apply effective coaching skills in given context.
Key learning points
- Describe the concept of coaching, its importance and differentiate it from other relevant practices such as training, consultation, teaching and mentoring
- Discuss how coaching can help improve productivity and performance within both individual and organizational context based on coaching for life and job skills.
- Discuss how coaching can help improve individual and teams’ productivity and performance in any organization
- Implement a number of key coaching skills for peers, and teams including: creating agreement, asking powerful questions and identifying the client’s core values.
- Provide effective feedback based on clearly defined standards to individuals and teams.
- Identify Coachees’ individual strengths and weaknesses in coaching for development for peer and team coaching
- Identify the basic principles required for practicing coaching.
- Empower participant Coachee to perform coaching session using GROW model and demonstrating basic coaching skills.
This comprehensive programme will include the following topics:
Module 1: Introduction to Coaching
- The evolving Coaching concept.
Module 2: Coaching & Other Tools
Module 3: Leader as a Coach
- The traits and characteristics that best match the job requirements of the retail industry.
- Key retail positions and how they contribute to the customer’s shopping experience and the success of the business.
Module 4: Coaching Models and Application
Module 5: Coaching Skills and Competencies
Module 6: Peer, Team and Group Coaching
Module 7: Coaching Records and Documents
Module 8: Coaching Performance and Progress
|Evidence of Learning
Outcomes are defined in terms of the following:
|Knowledge||· Full understanding of the concepts and objectives of coaching.
· Explain the Coach and Coachee’s roles, responsibilities, and coaching relationship
· Understand the main coaching principles and show the basic Coach traits
· Effective listening skills.
· Negotiation skills.
|Comprehension||· Acquire different success strategies.
· Effective understanding and demonstration of coaching techniques.
· How to create friendly atmosphere to maximize coaching outcomes.
· Identify main strengths, weaknesses of being Coach or Coachee
· Understand the current organizational and individual challenges
|Application||· Different Technicalities used in coaching.
· Endorsing and convincing technicalities.
· Learn and apply the basic principles while practicing coaching
· Practice at least 3 to 5 coaching sessions under the observation of the Trainer Coach and other participants
· Tactics of implementing a successful coach coachee relationship.
· Strategies and techniques to deliver the message and empower the coachee.
· Technicalities used in motivation.
· Effective planning and organizing – coach and coachee.
· Follow up’s and communication.
|Analysis||· What are the requirements for a successful coaching strategy?
· How to evaluate the progress of the coaching session?
· Provide constructive feedback on at least 3 observed coaching sessions
· Prospecting improvement strategy
· Self-reevaluation for performance.
|Synthesis||· How to identify target outcomes.
· Recognize the differences and similarities between coaching and other practices such as training, teaching, consulting, therapy etc.
· Recognize the importance of coaching in today’s world
· Handling resistance.
· Tactics of dealing with different factors that influence coaching success outcomes.
|Evaluation||· How to assess success of coaching session.
· Effectively reading verbal and bodily sign languages.
Learning Outcomes Assessment
32 Hours | 4 Days
· 18 years of age
· Good Communication skills
· Reading and writing skills
· Successfully pass a selection interview
· 3 years of work experience
Evaluate and assess results of the training program to identify the level of improvement and enhancement of each trainee’s competencies.
· Assure the validity of the intended deliverances.
· Consistency and reliability of results.
· Applicable information specific to course learning outcomes.
|Methods and criteria to assess outcomes:
· Pre-Post Test exams to evaluate learner’s performance.
· Short questions directed to specific learning objectives.
· Ongoing activities to test learner’s understanding of each objective.
· Timely use of the results to make Improvements.
· Final coaching session delivered by participants
· Participants evaluate themselves and each other
· Trainer evaluates participates coaching sessions and provides feedback
· Pre and Post program exams
· Case Studies
· Coaching application observation
To successfully complete the certificate and obtain the certificate, the participants will record a coaching session designed and implemented by them and observed/assessed by the trainer.
The participant must use the coaching form during the session and fill out the coach evaluation form while recording session for assessment purposes. The evaluation process is as follows:
Pass or Fail
Practical application observation, (70) – Minimum of 35 scores must be achieved in practical session to pass this program.
Knowledge Test – Written test (20) – Minimum of 10 scores must be achieved in coach knowledge test to pass this program.
Punctuality and class participation – 10 marks.
|Communication of the Assessments
An Email with learner’s exam results, attendance rate and trainer(s)’s observation, feedback and areas of development will be shared post programme completion. Further learning resources will also be sent post program completion.
Learner can cancel their registration up to two weeks prior to programme/course start date. Learner should inform the Registrar in writing if he or she would like to withdraw from a programme/course.
Withdrawal after the set dates will be conditional and subject to approval of Executive Management.